Breaded Chicken Breast With Asparagus and Thyme SauceJul 15th, 2011 | By Cloutwomen | Category: Food & Wine, Healthy Meals, Savory & Spice
Lulu and I had so much fun in the kitchen yesterday as we prepared and cooked up a storm to celebrate Bastille Day. We had one new cool ingredient to work with and of course the ideas just kept flowing like crazy. We decided to concoct something fresh utilizing the asparagus we got from the farmer’s market that morning and the organic home grown eggs from my friend’s backyard which I received the other day. The Knorr® Concentrated Stock which we received from Knorr and BlogHer definitely made it a more leisurely cooking for me - and because I did not have to deal with too much liquid from a regular broth this time, the asparagus sauce turned out to have an even better and visually appealing texture – we took lots of photos too! Here’s our dish. Hope you enjoy it.
Serves 6-8 people
Cooking and prep time 45 minutes
3 pounds of Boneless Chicken Breasts
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 cup of flour
1 package of Panko bread crumbs
2 bundles of fresh asparagus
1 bar of unsalted butter
1 tsp dried Thyme leaves
1 tsp Italian Seasoning
1 tsp of Knorr® Concentrated Stock
1 pint of heavy cream
1 bundle of Asparagus
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper, cover with clear wrap and set aside.
- Like an assembly line, prepare 3 separate deep dishes for the chicken breast coating. One dish should have the strained flour, the other the egg wash and the last would be the panko bread crumb dip.
- On medium heat pour about 1 ½ tablespoons of Olive Oil on a non-stick pan. Sear the breaded chicken on both sides quickly until light brown and put them on a non-stick baking pan.
- Set your oven to 350°, put the seared chicken breasts in and bake for about 20 minutes.
- Wash the asparagus then trim and clean the ends. Set aside a bundle for garnish.
- Chop the 2 remaining bundles of asparagus into 2 inch stalks.
- Melt the butter in another non-stick casserole and pour the chopped asparagus in.
- Boil 10 cups of water and blanch the remaining asparagus stalks. Drain after 2 minutes and set aside.
- Pour the Thyme, Italian season and the Knorr® Concentrated Stock into the sauce mixture and stir constantly.
- Add the heavy cream and change the cooking temperature to low heat. When the asparagus is soft, remove from the stove and puree the sauce with a hand blender.
- Drizzle the sauce over the baked chicken and garnish with the blanched asparagus. Serve warm.
Watch how we made it!